Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

Default Cost of Wood and Charges per Board Foot

On 12/2/2005 12:49 AM Greg G. mumbled something about the following:
Odinn said:

On 12/1/2005 3:55 PM Greg G. mumbled something about the following:

Sorry about the rant, but I have to live here...

Greg,
You need to move out of metro. I live 40 miles from 285, my closest
neighbor is 150 ft away through the woods and I can't see his house, and
if I was to drive to his house, it's damn near a 1/4 mile drive (the
neighbor on the other side would be almost a mile drive door to door).

What town are you nearest to?

3.5 miles from a little town called Bethlehem (pop 320).

I don't disagree - but I also need to have to have certain vital
services - like High Speed Internet - for income. We do programming
and system support work from home. I doubt I'll be making enough at
woodworking to cover our expenses. g

I have high speed internet via cable. I'm in the computer industry as
well (Sr. Unix Architect used to be a Software Engineer - don't you just
love the names they use to glorify programmer and sysadmin positions)
and require it (I had satellite for a while, which barely managed).

I actually drove to Cartersville for 2 years, subcontracting a job
there, 50 miles out of Atlanta, and no sooner than I got there, the
developers began clearing out the farmlands...

Of course, the proximity of the Interstate doesn't help in that
regard... We even looked around northern Alabama, outside of
Huntsville as a possible solution.

Same with Florida. Moved there in '90, and moved to 4 different
cities before I gave up and moved back here.

It like a plague, and I'm the carrier. :-\ I'm getting to the
point that when I see Caterpillar yellow, I drop into a
pseudo-epileptic fit. I've lived in cities, and don't like it.

No single species should have such exclusive and overwhelming
dominance over any area. It just ain't healthy, I tell ya...

And before I forget, thanks for the link to the Bobtail Critter
Sawmill. This is about what I'm looking for...

Okay, don't move out here, it's already getting too crowded. We had a
traffic jam on my road yesterday (I was behind 2 cars doing 43 in a 45
mph zone) and I don't need it worse.

--
Odinn - seriously thinking of moving to the country before it gets too
crowded.