Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

Default How to cut 1cm off end of Ikea wooden blinds

The3rd Earl Of Derby typed:

John Cartmell wrote:
In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Mark wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby
typed:

When I done my engineering training I had to file a block of 2"
steel to 1&6/8" square :-( ...Icm would be a doddle

1&6/8" = engineering training = LOL

Explain yourself?

All kinds of engineering are required. 'Big hammer' engineering is
just as important as toolmaker 'you need a thou' off that width' -
and you wouldn't pay for the latter to repair your car.

That came later.

And just for you Mark if 1&6/8 was down on the work sheet then who am
I to go to the powers that be and say...this should be 1&3/4"

Sorry I was being pedantic
When I was at school you would never _ever_ dare write 1-6/8
1.750 perhaps.. :-)

-