Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Rubenstein

Default My first attempt with 3 phase

I don't think anybody has mentioned this in the thread...

Another thing to keep in mind. If you are using a 3 phase motor not
specifically designed for use with a VFD, slow speed running may cause
it to overheat. VFD rated motors are built with higher temperature
insulation on the windings because when the motor runs slowly, the fan
runs slowly.

I think that Bill N has suggested running a plain old fan pointed at the
motor in a prior thread but that seems a little Rube Goldberg to me.

Bill (R)

Rick Cox wrote:
I posted some Pics on a.b.p.w.
It really looks worse in the photos than it does in person.
I really cant wait to try it out

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hey Rick,
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately(or fortunately) I am a
thousand or so miles from Columbus. I Live just outside Missoula
Montana. But I would like you to keep me posted on your progress. Do
you have any online pice of said lathe? Well thanks for getting back
to. I am going to do some more looking into the VFD's.

Sean