Posted to alt.home.repair
zero

Default Water heater wiring for generator hookup and to 120 VAC power?

On 30 Nov 2005 16:29:06 -0800, wrote:

Spud,

With all due respect, I welded an exhaust extendion and placed it
through an airtight seal to the window.

Like a window A/C installation there is no, I repeat, NO exhaust fumes
inside the garage.
Have you ever been inside a commercial repair facility that pipes the
auto exhausts to the vehicles they are working on?

That is a loose connection and a little exhaust can comwe back into the
garage. Not in my situation.

BTW My last condo had a humongeous diesel generator for emergency power
located inside our 21 story building. Our unit was next to it. It was
exhausted to the outside. You have to know what you are doing to be
safe.

Generically, you are correct. BUT! Under the conditions that I
described, not a problem.

I also use a CO2 detector.

You must be the new code book poster child? ;-)

I don't know where to start.

It's not about your ability. It's about _liability_.

You must just be trolling.

-zero