Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Default very confused-- Bleach vs. Mold

mm wrote:
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:09:52 -0800, Joshua Putnam
wrote:

Looking over the list, Clorox makes quite a few bleaches that aren't
chlorine bleach, but still quite a few standard sodium hypochlorite
bleaches as well.

Sadly for me, I wasn't as complete as I should have been.

Non-chlorine bleaches are marketed as being "color safe," they won't

This wasn't marked color-safe, and is sold in the standard bottle
which used to sell Clorox chlorine bleach.

It almost certainly isn't color safe, because in place of chlorine is
another similar element, for a compound something like sodium
hypofluorite. It's the exchange of chlorine for a similar but still
different element that suprised me.

Bull ****. I think this is all a troll. No one
would substitute sodium hypofluorite for sodium
hypochlorite. Not sure that sodium hypofluorite
exist under normal conditions.