Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Bubba

Default gas smell from a plastic vent connected to the gas meter

I think maybe you should just go sniff you neighbors.
Bubba

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 00:49:49 GMT, "Kitep"
wrote:

I've noticed you've gotten answers both ways. Maybe you should sniff the
gas vent at a couple of neighbors and see if it's happening everywhere or
just at your place.

wrote in message
roups.com...
Today, while my kid was playing outside. He noticed a little bit of gas
smell coming out of a little plastic pipe/vent connected to the gas
meter. On top of the plastic thing, it labels "gas vent". It has a
metal screen inside.

What is this "gas vent" for? Is it normal for it to have some gas
smell?