Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default very confused-- Bleach vs. Mold

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:09:52 -0800, Joshua Putnam
wrote:

Looking over the list, Clorox makes quite a few bleaches that aren't
chlorine bleach, but still quite a few standard sodium hypochlorite
bleaches as well.

Sadly for me, I wasn't as complete as I should have been.

Non-chlorine bleaches are marketed as being "color safe," they won't

This wasn't marked color-safe, and is sold in the standard bottle
which used to sell Clorox chlorine bleach.

It almost certainly isn't color safe, because in place of chlorine is
another similar element, for a compound something like sodium
hypofluorite. It's the exchange of chlorine for a similar but still
different element that suprised me.

fade many dyes that are susceptible to chlorine bleaches. They can
also be safer for some fabrics that react badly to chlorine bleach.
More recently, non-chlorine bleaches have also been marketed for
environmental concerns.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.