Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default My first attempt with 3 phase

Hey Rick.
I am anxious to hear how it goes. I have a Powermatic 90 That I
am thinking about VFD'ing. I have a reeves drive also along with
Jackshaft. I am new to turning and have heard that even at the listed
low of 500rpm. I would still want to run slower at times. So I am
leaning toward the VFD. I am curious which one you bought. I would
also like to have the option of running the lathe in reverse. I heard
that all VFD will do this. How did you decide which one to get. Keep
me posted, I am interested to hear how things go.

Good luck.
Sean