Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

Default Cost of Wood and Charges per Board Foot

On 12/1/2005 5:30 PM mike hide mumbled something about the following:
"Greg G." wrote in message

mike hide said:

Here is my local supplier ,Suwannee lumber ,in Suwanee Ga . they are a
pleasure to deal with and their prices seem fair to me .Here is the web
site, see what you think in particular with regards to their selection

www.suwaneelumber.com.

I knew of them but haven't actually tried them, due to the distance.
But their prices look better - and I saw no surcharges. It's a pretty
good ride from here, however, I'd have to stock up to pay for the
trip. Now if I can get SWMBO to give up that useless dining room for
wood storage...

Thanks,

Greg

Yes a long ride for me also, I live in Atlanta guess abot 20 miles round
trip .One other thing they have a shed with a good quantity of odds of all
kinds for knock down prices. So if you need the odd piece of oak etc it is a
good deal .last time I was up there I found some nice pieces of Hickory
[which I thought was oak ].....mjh

Closer for you than for me. 60 mile round trip (I used to work just a
couple miles from them on Satellite), but then again, the closest Lowe's
to me is almost 40 miles round trip.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net