Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Newbie Question - Getting sawdust off/out of the wood

wrote in message
ups.com...

Leon wrote:

I prefer to use compressed air over anything to remove the dust of the
project and out of the pores of the wood.

Leon,

Is your compressor an oil-lubed or an airless? And if it's an
oil-lubed, do you have an oil filter on it? I've heard that an
oil-lubed filter can spray minute quantities of oil which can cause
problems with the finish.

Oil lubed. I have never had oil come out of the hose. More often I have a
problem with moisture condensing inside the hose and spraying on the wood
but that is only a slight mist and quickly evaporates.
IMHO your finish will probably hide/blend with, any specs of oil if any
comes out.

I just bought a small (read: cheap) oil-lubed myself, and I've been
hesitant to do what you describe for fear of what I just described.

Am I worrying too much?

Probably, I never have had that problem.