Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Default Cost of Wood and Charges per Board Foot

Charles Spitzer said:

welcome to southern kalifornia. that's what it looks like, la to san diego,
wall to wall.

I know - don't remind me. g We fly out there several times a year.
Little did I realize the first time I went to LA, back in the early
eighties, that it would follow me home just a few years later...

The in-laws live in Santa Barbara and sisters live in LA and in the
Sierras, NE of San Francisco. One writes hiking books about the
waterfalls and trails of California. One raises hybrid Orchids. One
raises kids. I've been up and down the entire state - albeit mostly
along the coast. Nice weather, but way too many people in an
artificially sustained environment. To many scam artists and price
fixing monopolies as well. Looked at your water or power bill lately?
g Rolling blackouts, my ass - more like engineered scare tactics
vying for price increases. I'm just fearful that we're heading in the
same direction...

JMHO,

Greg G.

"Greg G." wrote in message

They have turned a forested jewel into a cesspool of foul pollution.
Unmanaged growth and development, crooked local government officials
hungry for money and kickbacks, and locals who sell-off to get the
hell away from what this is turning into. It's not a pretty site...
Even been to Compton, CA? Welcome home!

Sorry about the rant, but I have to live here...
It's like someone raping your child - over and over - and you're
powerless to stop them.

FWIW,

Greg G.

Greg G.