Posted to misc.consumers.house
Bill

Default Electrical outlet question

Where in your house is each outlet located?

Are both outlets in the same room?

Did these outlets once work, but stopped working?

Some outlets are on a wall switch for lighting. Have you tried turning on
wall switches in the room?

Also some outlets which are on switches only have the top outlet on the
switch, but the bottom is always on. Have you tried both the top and bottom
of each outlet?

And sometimes a wire will come lose in one outlet, then other outlets "down
stream" from there will stop working. This would usually be one or more
outlets next to each other.

Tripped circuit breakers are hard to see. They look like they are on. Might
want to try turning off, then on every circuit breaker.

If none of this works, look in yellow pages for electrician.

"William Glennon" wrote in message
Hello,

I have two electric outlets outside my house that are not working? I'm
re-set all GFI's in my house (they were not tripped). I've re-set the fuse
box switch and replaced the outside outlets. They are grounded fine. I'm
not an electrician but would anybody have any ideas why this is happening
before I contact an electrician?

Your help would be appreciated

Thank You

PS: Any recommendations on a electrician in the Apex /Cary area.