Posted to alt.home.repair
Joshua Putnam

Default very confused-- Bleach vs. Mold

In article 0cxjf.110669$qk4.56231@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net, says...

I don't know about the use in an attic, but bleach
is a standard disinfectant (meaning it kills
stuff) used in laboratories. Standard bleach is
5-6 percent Sodium hypochlorite. The killing
power varies with the strength and the time in
contact. Straight out of the bottle takes contact
of less than a minute, diluted with 1/5 with water
you need a contact of about 15 minutes to kill all
microorganisms. I'm not sure how long the stuff
would remain liquid if you spray it in the attic,
but it wouldn't be very long, so I would spray
undiluted stuff.

Probably should be obvious, but if you're going to spray undiluted
bleach in a confined space, you don't really want to bleach the
inside of your lungs by breathing bleach mist. Wear a suitable
respirator.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/