Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe

Default hp Color Laserjet 4550 transfer belt error

I have a hp color laserjet 4550 that displays "check transfer belt"
and refuses to print. It shows this error after warm up, but before
calibration. I tried the belt in another 4550 and it worked fine. I
confirmed that the belt is moving by noting the location of a mark on
the belt. Someone else has already looked at the printer and
supposedly replaced "everything" without fixing it. I'm the last
effort before it's scrapped. Has anyone seen this error before?
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005