Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Best buys at Lidl

wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
wrote:
Cordless Crazy wrote:
Part P Avoider Wrote:
So whats everyones best DIY tool buy at Lidl lately as it seems
everyone who reads these post loves buying cheap gear from them?

What is it with everyones fascination with buy bad quality cheap
s**t from this rubbish shop?

--
Cordless Crazy

If it works fine and does the job you need of it, why not? Just
because the stuff is cheap doesn't mean it's ****.

I bought one of the Lidl circular saws (same as the one sold at
Aldi) and it's been great so far. Plenty of power, quick cutting and
jamming. I thought the laser guide was a gimmick but it does
actually work! Instead of focusing on the blade I now just focus on
the laser and get a decent cut.

Just to add a little story. I was working at mate's place and he had
this tradesman in laying laminate flooring for him. The guy had a
full kit of shiny new DeWalt tools and I could see him sneering at
my mixed bag of cheapo brands.
After seeing the cutting work he had done with his DeWalt jigsaw it
was me who had the last laugh. Even a blind man with an axe would
have made better cuts.

But the Jiggy doesn't do the sawing it's the blade and a shoddy
workman. :-P
--

That's the point I was making, having an expensive tool doesn't
automatically make you skillful.

No, the point is he's doing it for a living so therefor he can be selective
in the tools he buys because a few jobs will pay for that tool and its
uneconomical to buy cheap tools if you use them on a daily basis.

p.s cutting laminate at the ends does not have to be straight as this will
be hidden. :-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite