Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

Default rigid battery drills

"Bernie Hunt" wrote in message
Ridgid is made by the same folks as Milwaukee. Ridgid is targeted at the

mid
level pros and high level home owners. I own a couple of their tools and
have been quite pleased with them. I would definately talk a Ridgid over a
Ryobi.

Bernie

"SeaKan" wrote in message
home depot has a 189 drill for 99. 18 volt. the brand is rigid. is

that
a good brand or is ryobi better? my bandecker is dying.

I always thought Ridged was Black and Decker, I know there Vacuums were
the same as crapsman at one time. Most the ridged stuff I've checked out
I'm not to impressed with. I have a 9.6 Makita the batteries don't seem to
last very long. Now I bought a 14V Dewalt the drill has plenty of power. But
I notice the batteries are not holding a charge very long. I was told they
will take 1200 charges I'm not even close. I have used the 12V Makita it a
really nice drill. I also have heard the Panasonic is very good. That might
be next one. I'm going to wait I heard that skill is working on a new
designee. It is based on a central power supply the draw back is there will
be a line from the drill or tool that hooks to the power supply. The article
also says there working a secondary line that can be chained to extend
working distance. (That sounds a little high Tec for average user) They hope
to be in production by Mid Summer. Think about it, no need for over priced
batteries or after one screw saying oh crap