Posted to alt.home.repair
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Default Wiring in a closet

Toller wrote:
"CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert" wrote in message

Toller wrote:

I have finished my basement, but have to put in the plug myself. Don't
feel like getting a permit just for one outlet.

You realize that basement outlets have to be GFCI protected, and they
have to be space every 6' (or something like that, I would have to look
it up). The town will not care about the outlet, but they will get ****ed
if they find out about finishing the basement without a permit.

Interesting. The sump outlet is not protected, but the one under the fuse
panel is. Those are the two the house builder installed.

Unfinished basements don't need GFCI.

Damn. That blows up my premise that these guys were following code...

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door() into
the sheepfold{}, but climbeth up some other *way, the same is a thief
and a robber."

GnuPG Key Fingerprint:
82A6 8893 C2A1 F64E A9AD 19AE 55B2 4CD7 80D2 0A2D