Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy

Default Oh $#!@. I think I got screwed on eBay again.

Grant Erwin wrote:
Sure hope you paid with a credit card .. in that case, it's easy, you
write your card company a letter saying someone ripped you off and
please cancel the charge, then you write the seller telling him he has 3
days to come get his garbage if he wants it back.

I paid by PayPal. I'm not sure if I can resolve this through my credit
card company, but if I don't get anywhere direct I will file a complaint
with PayPal. I think UK law regarding chargebacks may be different to
that in the US, but I'll look into it.

Sorry if you didn't, but you can regard it as a lesson in that
unfortunate event.

I wonder how much it would cost you to fit a new motor?

My first guess is that the circuit board or thyristor pack are bad, not
the motor.

Chris