Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Hybrid Cars

In article ,
Roger wrote:
I think it will, it's a matter of economics. Imported gas and coal will
rise in price to the point that it becomes economic to re-open our
coalfields, even if the power stations have to have emission scrubbers
installed.

Don't forget that one of the reasons for the decline in coal generation
and the 'dash for gas' is the lesser quantity of CO2 produced for the
same energy output.

Perhaps. But I'd say it wasn't anywhere near top of the agenda. Gas *was*
just so much cheaper.

Coal is not going to make a come-back until the better options are
exhausted.

Yup. Of course if gas prices continue to rise this might be sooner rather
than later...

--
*Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.