Posted to sci.electronics.repair
larry moe 'n curly

Default Which TV's work best with indoor antennas (not cable)?

Leonard Caillouet wrote:
That would be because the current Toshiba sets that would likely be used
with rabbit ears are not made by Toshiba at all.

I've heard that the smaller ones, probably 27-32" or under, are now
made by nobody's favorite, Orion.

I would not assume that the tuner in a a Panasonic VCR is anything like what
is found in their televisions. Even among the TVs the tuners vary greatly.
Nearly all VCR tuners are inferior in quality.

A friend of mine found that a Panasonic VCR tuner is definitely better
than those in several brands of $99 20" TVs. OTOH my old JVC 4600U
S-VHS VCR picks up ch. 4, located 120 miles away, better than my
Panasonic VCR does.

George W. Bush: Strengthening Iran and Al Quada.