Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

Default Which TV's work best with indoor antennas (not cable)?

He could give GPS coordinates : )
"CJT" wrote in message
Art wrote:

So many physical and electrical variables exist that to answer that
question we would need to be exactly where you are at to evaluate your
particular situation.

... at which point you would probably be incapable of doing so.

In a large city there will be a lot of defused and reflected signals so a
indoor antenna may pickup a lot of ghosts, as will a good outside one
also.
Out in the suburbs, depending on distance from the transmitters, indoor
antennas may just give you a very snowy picture with poor audio. Your
question is therefore too vague for a competent answer.

"Al Schapira" wrote in message

I need to get a new TV and I don't have (or want) cable. So I'd like to
know which brands/models of 27" to 32" conventional TV's work well with
an indoor antenna. My old TV (with a mechanical tuner) got great
reception. A Sony we tried failed miserably (it generated so much self
interference that most stations were unwatchable. And it affected nearby
TV's also.)

Thanks.

-Al Schapira