Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default very confused-- Bleach vs. Mold

depends on what kind of alcohol and how dilute.

I doubt a bottle of vodka would do much and 70% Isopropyl would be better
but Straight Methanol or 198 proof Ethanol (or denatured ethanol) would work
pretty good. Notice how doctors use similar before giving you a shot.

Alcohol is not advised as it may deteriorate the plastic or synthetic parts.
Alcohol diluted by a tub of water would probably be ineffective alltogether.
Try brewing a batch of bathtub gin.

These tubs have been around a long time. I'm sure if there were a real
health risk, it would have destroyed that market by now.

Bleach works well diluted in water at almost any concentration (you can
smell) it will kill microorganisms.

"Bob" wrote in message

"mm" wrote in message
I don't see why bleach would kill mold, its
not that harsh of a chemical.

Alcohol is not that harsh either, but it kills germs.

Not nearly as well as bleach from what I've read.

Bob