Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman

Default very confused-- Bleach vs. Mold

Jack, 11/30/2005,4:58:09 PM, wrote:

I am planning an attic mold cleanup-- Conventional wisdom is to use
bleach and water, but when I google it... I get a lot of hits saying
that it is a myth that Bleach kills mold.

The EPA brochure does little to clear it up.

Anyone with any real-world experience or other good info.

I just returned from Mississippi where the houses are damaged by the
storm surge from Hurricane Katrina. What I saw down there was that the
walls and insulation had been removed to air out the studs. The
residents told me they spray bleach/water solution and wait 2-3 weeks
for the mold to die. The houses we worked on did not have mold in the
wall studs. I did see houses where mold was still visible but that was
because no work had been down yet to them.

--
"Golf is like an 18-year-old girl with big boobs. You know it's wrong
but you can't keep away from her." -- Val Doonican