Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default very confused-- Bleach vs. Mold

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:57:37 -0500, "CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert"
wrote:

Jack wrote:
I am planning an attic mold cleanup-- Conventional wisdom is to use
bleach and water, but when I google it... I get a lot of hits saying
that it is a myth that Bleach kills mold.

The EPA brochure does little to clear it up.

Anyone with any real-world experience or other good info.

I can say for certain it turns it a perly white As for wether or not

It didn't turn my mold white at all. But I'm almost sure it killed
it. After using bleach twice, I realized I would have to paint again
if I wanted to make it white.

its dead, I couldn't say. I don't see why bleach would kill mold, its
not that harsh of a chemical.

Alcohol is not that harsh either, but it kills germs.

Perhaps thats why we like to use it.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.