Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike

Default CTC132 bad video

I ran into a freebee, been looking al over the net, some suggestions say
that I should have left it, since I heard that the chopper supply fails,
flyback fails, and most common HV block failures.

Well, its tagged from repairs a few years ago, so its probably been
overhauled, but you never know.

The set works fine. produces a fine picture.

But the picture looks like your watching a bad channel on antenna, lots of
ghosting and noise.

I thought it was a bad tuner, until I tried to use the RCA jacks, auxillary
inputs do the exact same thing. The color is fine, picture is a little
blurry (dirt and age probably). but it is VERY noisey.

any ideas why? is it bad solder or caps in the video amp? I dont have a
schematic or service data, so im working in the blind folded here. Thanks..

----
Mike.