Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default Cost of Wood and Charges per Board Foot

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On 30 Nov 2005 13:27:07 -0800,
wrote:

$6.33/bd ft charge for the walnut and the $4.58/bd ft charge for the
soft maple, they have surcharges of 7% for Kiln Shrinkage and 11% for
Edge Ripping - even though the boards are rough edged. This is in
addition to the rounding-up of the board feet to nice, even increments
of one.

Greg, I can't say what most people pay just what I'd charge if you
were a walk-in customer at my business. $11 on the walnut and $13.30 on
the soft maple. Jana

Holy crap. You're not serious?

Certainly, but she figured the BF, and gave a total.