Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Mold in window frames

John wrote:
I have gotten mold in window frames of an indoor swimming pool room.
Replacing the windows is expensive. I have some extra waterproofing
substrate which is rated swimming pool waterproofing and outside use.
The material can be painted and forms a thick coating (much thicker
than regular paint). I am thinking of coating the window frames and
put ceramic or stone tiles for nice surface inside and outdoors.. So
I'm in effect encasing the old wood frame.

Are there any problems to above plan? What will happen to the mold?
Will it stop due to lack of water and air?

Household bleach does a good job of killing mold.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit