Zack Lau

Default Modest minilathe rodomontade

"MichaelMandavil" wrote in message
news:20030722014112.15350.00000238@mb-
an even trade. I am still setting the machine up, and am looking forward

cutting a test bar, and facing off a plate. I guess I will be needing to

get a
micrometer and a straight edge in the near future. I am a happy camper!

Hi Michael,

A little lathe is a great tool--I use my little Sherlines a lot more
than the
Atlas TH48 in our machine shop--they are just the right size for most of my
projects.
I have a micrometer to measure to the nearest 0.0001 inches, but rarely use
it.
Instead, I normally grab a cheap dial caliper that measures to the nearest
0.001
inches. Not as accurate, but much easier to use.

Zack Lau W1VT