Posted to uk.d-i-y
someone here

Default Flat Roof Replacement

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message
The flat roof over my attached garage is becoming due for replacement
and I am considering the options. Does anyone have experience of the
fibreglass type roofing that can be used on flat roofs today? It's
suggested that this type, unlike normal felt, is a one-off job and never
needs replacing. Is this correct?

Roofing felt/bitumen should last ten years.
Fibre-glass will degrade in sunlight so will only be good for twenty years
(ish)
Tuf-dek or other proprietary branded 'poly-fibre-glass-plastic' roofing
products usually come
with a twenty to thirty year guarantee.

Price increases proportionatly. Difficulty of applying correctly also
increases.

Caveat Emptor.

Choose your fibreglass company and ask to see some of their work and talk to
the buildings owner.

'Swot I did

Dave