Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Default Electricians got rid of my room thermostat!

pretended :

The electrician's parting shot was to say we should get a plumber in if
we want the room thermostat installed again. Personally, I'd have
thought wiring the boiler and pump to the appropriate gubbins would be
an electrician's job. Assuming the electrician's a dead loss, who
should I call? A plumber? The folks who service our oil boiler? Another
electrician?

Certainly not a plumber. An heating engineer, or a competant
electrician.

Final question (if it can be answered briefly!): how exactly should the
programmer and room thermostat be wired to the boiler and pump? Before
the rewiring started, I could swear that the the room thermostat
connected to the pump (and not the boiler) and the programmer to the
boiler.

That would depend upon the system. A room 'stat would be essential if
TRV's are not fitted. Some systems also include a 'stat when TRV's are
fitted.

If you want detailed replies, then it would be best to provide full
information - Boiler model? Is there an automatic valve of some sort to
switch between HW and CH? Time controller model?

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)