jr2 jr2 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherlawyer
jr2 wrote:
We will shortly be converting the kitchen room and dining room into one
room

requiring the removal of a load bearing single brick wall (3 Metres in
length)

the load being joists ... (bedroom joists) that run at right angles
across the

top of the brick wall ... obviously a lintel will be installed to
support the

You are talking abut an RSJ or some sort of purlin not a lintle.
Someone on here posted this page:
http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects...ring_walls.htm

It's certainly worth a look.

You will need to prop the ceilings on both sides with accrows or 3 x 2s
nailed to headers and footplates, whatever. Leave yourself enough space
to work under them.
Sorry... yes I have the rsj lined up ready to purchase from a guy who has sold quite a few of them to people who have had them ok'd by the council.

The RSJ details are 152x89x16 UB

The council engineer has been informed of this and sounds favourible,
the acros and 5 x 2 s ...etc, won't be a prob. it's just how best to arrange for the base under the end of the rsj which is poking thro' the single brick wall... whereby we have 150mm. to rest on.

and the important thing is to get the rsj inside of the acros ready to lift into pos.