Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default The Machinist

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 02:03:31 GMT, Emmo wrote:
Back in the early '80's there was an Austin City Council member who shot the
hell out of a garden hose with his shotgun, thinking it was a snake -

(shrug) I shoot my garden hose all the time. The gophers seem to think
that if they get near it, I won't shoot 'em. They're wrong.

Last time I was at the local Big Box stocking up on hose repair kits,
I ran into the Sheriff. Paul looked at me, said "Lots of gophers this
year, Dave?", and kept going.

Somehow, the wife doesn't buy my argument that a garden hose with holes
in it is a desirable thing - soaker hoses do sell for more, after all.
She keeps giving me "that look" when I try it, though.