Posted to alt.electronics,comp.arch.embedded,comp.arch.fpga,comp.dsp
Frank

Default Why does two channels of ADC give different outputs?

"Frank" wrote in message
I am injecting the DAC output from TI DAC290x-EVM to ADC (Analog AD9218).
When I connect I channel from DAC to I & Q channel of ADC, I am seeing
vastly
different digital outputs on ADC (sampling three pins on oscilloscope).

What
might
be the cause?

When using logic analyzer to sample ADC outputs, i am getting strange
outputs.

Right channel,
bit 9,8,7,6 stick to 1, bit 0 stick to zero, while bits 5,4,3,2,1 varies
during active, while sticking to
1 during idle mode.

Left channel,
bit 7,5 stick to 0, bit 9,4 switches during active, stick to 1 in idle mode,
bit 8,6,3,2 switches during
active, stick to 0 during idle (I expect 9:2 of both channel to behave in
this manner), bit 1:0 are
switching during idle and active (noise during idle mode).

I double checked my settings, but found nothing wrong. How can I proceed
now?