Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self

Default Upset with Porter Cable/Delta !!

Swingman wrote:

And I was often his "advisor" when he went sports car shopping trips ...
then he had to go ruin it all by getting married (and all this time he'd
been instructing me in the philosophy of not buying the cow when the milk
was free)

.. Can you imagine getting away with that today?

What? Buying the cow?

For an interesting couple of shots of old sports check the MG TC on my
web site, and the 1934 Jaguar SS1.

Just read a babbling book that said the SS100s were the first Jaguars,
in 1936. Well, I didn't exactly read it. Paged through to points of
interest. When I catch a writer telling me that Plymouth had such and
such power, and in the very next sentence, no para break, he babbles on
about Pontiac, I know he got his notes confused, his mind in a whirl,
and didn't do the work of rereading and rewriting. And nobody proofread
the blinking thing. I thought lack of proofreading was a trendy, today
sort of thing, but this book was out in '78 or so, and I caught an
earlier one by the same guy doing the same stuff. Expensive books in
their day, too.