Posted to alt.home.repair
Gini

Default Gas logs for f/p - vented or not?

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

"Gini" wrote in message

"Bubba" ReMoVe wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:51:05 GMT, "Gini" wrote:

"Art" wrote in message
arthlink.net...
I would never buy an unvented type. If they are not acceptable for a
bedroom they are not acceptable for my house.
====
And if they are acceptable for a bedroom (which they are)?

Sorry Gini. You seem to be missing a bit of info there. While the item
looks all nice and pretty you have forgotten to point out that:
The very first page of the instructions (which I dont seem to find)
will have enough warnings that you will think you just purchased a
nuclear bomb. Did you notice that "ODS"? That is an Oxygen Depletion
Sensor. Do you understand that your pretty little bedroom appliance
will deplete the oxygen? What will you breathe after the oxygen
disappears? Carbon Dioxide? Maybe Carbon Monoxide? Did you see in the
directions (oh yeah, they forgot those) where it tells you to open
your window while your unit is running? Hmmm, that sounds efficient.
I wouldnt burn a non vented appliance in my home for all the tea in
China..............much less in my bedroom. I usually like to wake up
in the morning.

====
Oh good grief, Bubba--Get a grip. We've had a vent-free for 8 years now
and
have awakened every morning just fine (and we live in a very tight newer
home). It's
also been very economical. We use it as our main heat source.

The fumes have caused you to have brain damage and be in denial.

===
Damn. I always blamed that brain damage thing on the 60s.
===