Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Schofield

Default Furnace temperature rise

"Walter R." wrote in message
Thank you, all.

The installer says that the fan speed in this dual-stage system is set by
the factory and cannot be lowered. It's a Rheem 80% 2-stage Criterion
Two+, Model RGPK 70.

The installation manual is of limited value.Wonder where I can find a
maintenance manual. (The old tinkerer in me).

Maybe I can reduce the air speed by using a heavy duty air filter.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Walter R." wrote in message
I had a new 70,000 BTU Rheem furnace installed in my house. The airflow
from the registers is rather noisy: You can hear the air rushing through
the registers, not exactly whisper-quiet!

The temperature differential between return duct and heat register is 30
degrees (from 70F to 98F). Is this a normal differential or can the fan
speed be reduced, resulting in a higher temperature at he registers?

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

although you might reduce the speed of the air flowing thru the heat
exchanger (and consequently increase the temperature differential), you
might at the same time adversely affect the amperage draw on the motor.