Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

Default Furnace temperature rise

Thank you, all.

The installer says that the fan speed in this dual-stage system is set by
the factory and cannot be lowered. It's a Rheem 80% 2-stage Criterion Two+,
Model RGPK 70.

The installation manual is of limited value.Wonder where I can find a
maintenance manual. (The old tinkerer in me).

Maybe I can reduce the air speed by using a heavy duty air filter.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Walter R." wrote in message
I had a new 70,000 BTU Rheem furnace installed in my house. The airflow
from the registers is rather noisy: You can hear the air rushing through
the registers, not exactly whisper-quiet!

The temperature differential between return duct and heat register is 30
degrees (from 70F to 98F). Is this a normal differential or can the fan
speed be reduced, resulting in a higher temperature at he registers?

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net