Posted to alt.home.repair
Bubba

Default Pressure Valve Leaking

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:08:53 GMT, "Dale" wrote:

I have a hot water boiler pressure valve (30 PSI)which is leaking. I have
replaced it twice.
I have tried turning off the water incoming source and the out water
domestic ho****er (not the heating zones), and still leaking. I checked the
pressure tank and it was at 18 PSI, I released some of the pressure down to
12 it lessened pressure off the system and the leaking stopped. The pressure
tank again went up to 18 and again I put it down to 12 to stop leaking. Now
I get no reading from the pressure tank (hope I did not mess it up), but
there is pressure in it. The pressure tank is about a year old and sounds OK
when I knock on it, hollow on top, full on bottom.
When the circulator is on the pressure seems to come down to somewhere
between 20 and 25 when the circulator stops the pressure seems to rise and
pressure release valve leaks.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Seriously, you need to stop messing with it before you make a minor
repair turn into a very expensive repair.
Call in someone that knows about hot water systems.
Bubba