Posted to alt.home.repair
Bubba

Default Gas logs for f/p - vented or not?

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:38:14 GMT, "Dr. Hardcrab"
wrote:

"Art" wrote

I would never buy an unvented type. If they are not acceptable for a
bedroom they are not acceptable for my house.

I see that posted all the time. Why?

I have ventless. I have had them for 12 years now. I have 2 CO detectors in
the same room as the fireplace and they have NEVER gone off. I don't get any
off-smells either (except if I let the tank run out and then that is
minimal).

The way I look at it, I'm getting almost 100% efficiency because all of the
heat is staying in the house and not going up a chimney.

Not saying you are wrong. Just don't understand why people say it. If they
were even SLIGHTLY dangerous, do you think companies would take the risk of
selling them. ESPECIALLY in this sue-happy world we live in today?

Hey Doc,
You might want to go to coexperts.com and you might understand why
your CO detector doesnt alarm. I hope you also read the first two
warning pages of your owners manual for your unvented appliance/s.
Bubba