Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John

Default DIY - Small Segment Jig

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:50:35 -0900, Kevin Miller
wrote:

Greg G. wrote:
John said:

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:28:32 -0500, Greg wrote:

Can't really help you there, but the metal hold-down clamps I used on
this were only $4 US each. Got them at Highland Hardware.
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com...OD&ProdID=2788
Thanks. Highland Hardware sounded really promising - until I realised
it's in Atlanta, while I'm in Scotland G.

Sorry, I'm just a tease - figured the 'Highland' part might mess with
your head a little... g It's just down the road a bit from me.

So if you use your Visa card is it a "Highland charge"? g

Och, dearie me...

If no-one minds my straying well OT, here's a 'highland' story you
might like...

During the Jacobite Wars, a large column of government troops is
marching along a glen in the Highlands. A kilted highlander appears
on a nearby hilltop. Dancing up and down, waving his arms, he shouts
insults and challenges.
The English General beckons to an infantryman, "You there! Get up that
hill and bring me back that fellow's head!" The highlander disappears
over the hill with the soldier in pursuit. There are sounds of an
affray, and a moment later the highlander reappears atop the hill,
shouting and gesticulating. "Is yon the best ye can dae?? Ye
lily-livered sassenachs!"
The General summons a platoon, "Get that savage, and bring him to me -
in several pieces if necessary!"
The highlander once again retreats over the hill, this time with a
platoon in pursuit. There are several minutes of horrendous noise, and
the highlander is back atop his hill, shouting insults.
The General, now seriously annoyed, summons a company of cavalry.
"Charge that hill, and cut that Scots devil to pieces! I want him
dead!"
The cavalry charge the hill, and disappear out of sight after the
highlander. More noise and confusion, but only an empty horse makes it
back. And of course the highlander - "Ye cowardly sassenachs! Ye
couldnae fight y'r way oot o' a bowl o' porritch!!" he shouts, baring
his behind to the furious English.
The General, now black with fury, details a whole regiment - a third
of his column - to take the hill and hang the highlander. The regiment
advances on the hill, the highlander flees again with the regiment
pursues him. There's a quarter hour of furious yelling, screaming and
general sounds of mayhem. A lone soldier reappears, staggering, at the
top of the hill, his uniform in tatters, one arm hanging limp, his
face covered in blood...
"Go back, General! It's a trap! - There are two of them!!!"

John