Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

Default Splitting Granite

"Spike9458" wrote in message
Hi All,

Not sure which forum to post this on ... but I have an outcropping of
ledge in my yard that I would like to reduce in size. I'm told there is a
fluid that can be used, other than water, to pour into drilled holes and
let mother nature take over during the winter months to freeze it, and
ultimately break/split/crack the ledge that is too close to my barn to
blast. Does anybody know of what I'm talking about?

Thanks in advance,

--Jim

Jim,

I googled for an old post regarding an expansive agent that you pour into
holes that you drill. Couldn't find the post, but I did find the company
that makes it.

Try this.
http://www.archerusa.com/product_dexpan_en1.html

Then, scrolled further down the article and realized it wasn't an old usenet
post, but rather a Fine Homebuilding article, which is referenced in the
link.

Happy cracking....

jc