Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Default Upset with Porter Cable/Delta !!

Swingman said:

Used to be that each individual sports car had mechanical
characteristics/quirks all it's own, and that was part of the fun of owning
one.

From the lips of an experienced 50's/60's era English car owner?

I shiver with a curious mix of nostalgia and pain when I think of some
of the cars I used to drive and service - but there remains one
unfailing truism - they definitely had character.

Had a customer who owned a really old MG with actual threaded
knock-offs and wire wheels. He ran it into a ditch and had to replace
the right spindle - only problem was, he could only find a left
spindle in the local scrap-yards. (It must have been a common problem
back then - running into ditches and such...)

The car spent the remainder of it's life in one ditch after another as
the wheel repeatedly fell off. He didn't have the sense to safety
wire the knock-off into in place, and couldn't/wouldn't pay to have it
fixed right.

Now THAT's a Character...

Greg G.