Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default Cheap Chinese Mill-drill

According to Steve Hopper :
Would it happen to be:
http://www.cumminstools.com/browse.cfm/4,1485.htm

This appears to be the only mill/drill they sell.
The information indicates it is an R8 spindle.

So -- what I just posted was wrong, It *is* an R8 spindle. That
is good news.

There's
a lot of R8 tools and collets available via eBay.
Before doing the welding gig I think I would at least
try an R8 collet. For what it's worth! sdh.

A collet -- or even better, an R8 end-mill holder. The web page
says that it has a maximum capacity for 1/2", so you can use either, but
bear in mind that R8 collets sometimes let the endmill slip so it cuts
deeper as you go along. The end-mill holders don't have this problem.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564