Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default Cheap Chinese Mill-drill

According to F. George McDuffee :

[ ... ]

One trick is to get a 1 inch R8 holder and make up adapters for
your smaller tooling from 1 inch drill rod. Quick change tooling
cheap.

That is assuming that the spindle accepts R8 collets. It may be
a Morse taper spindle instead -- and from the size data which I think I
remember being posted, that it is far more likely to be a Morse taper
spindle, so he will need to first determine *which* Morse taper. At a
guess, I suspect MT-2 is the size which he is stuck with. Look for MT-2
collets and MT-2 endmill holders, with the latter being the better
choice.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564