Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default Are you using a VFD?

According to Gunner Asch :
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:41:15 -0600, "Mike Henry"
wrote:

[ ... ]

Not so that I've ever noticed, though that could be my hearing. I test
pretty well, but others are bothered by high frequency noise that I don't
seem to hear as much. Did you try changing the carrier frequency?

[ ... ]

Mine is pretty old, though NOS and there is little that can be
changed..no programming keypad etc etc. I think its a 1994 model

Hmm ... on the Hitachi ones which I have, the programming keypad
is an option -- it goes in place of a pop-out piece on the main cover.
I got a keypad with each of mine, and an extension cable for each so I
can remote the keypad while I am tuning things up.

And things like the reverse speed can be programmed as well.
You might need to add a resistor to absorb the excess power being
shunted from the motor during the slow-down part. (You can also tune
how quickly it will slow down and accelerate.)

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564