Charles A. Sherwood

Default Cheap import tools and product liability (was: Violent Electric Drill Accident)

I recently stopped into the locaal Evergreen hardware in AJ AZ to buy a nail
(or screw) and noted a small angle grinder on the counter with a price of $6.95
on it. Yep-$6.95. I thot it was mismarked but they had a whole stack of
them. I bought on. Haven't plugged it in yet.

My brother bought one at a flee market that appeared to be from Harbor
freight. It was new and still in the box. I figured the guy bought a
bunch on sale and made a few bucks on each at the flee market. He used
it once and it died. I hear others have had better luck.