Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Woodman

Default Upset with Porter Cable/Delta !!

The days of relying on brand names to judge quality (of any kind of goods)
is long gone. Brand names are bought and sold every day. Get to know the
guys at your local rental center... they'll tell you in a hurry what's
crap and what isn't.
Tom

"evodawg" wrote in message
I went to my local Porter Cable/Delta parts and recondition outlet in
Southern California and the name has been changed to Black & Decker. I was
****ED!!!!!!!! I was looking for a reconditioned circular saw, my old 25
year old Craftsman finally took a **** and I needed to replace it. For the
last 10 years I have only bought Porter Cable, Milwaukee, Bosch and Delta.
I went in and all I saw basically was orange and black, I got sick to my
stomach.
I asked the customer service guy what happened. He didn't look happy and
said that B&D had taken them over. My next question was how long will it
take B&D to implement it's cheap ass engineering into Porter Cable and
Delta? He had that stupid look on his face. I told him, "guess you're
forcing me to buy Milwaukee and Bosch". He did say that I wasn't the only
customer that had the same reaction.

The worst power tool builder now makes one of the best power tools. How
long
will it take for Delta/Porter Cable to become second to the worst?

I'm so ****ed off
Rich
--
"you can lead them to LINUX