Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Emmons

Default OT - medium format camera

Used Hasselblad's have never been cheaper. Lenses are still a bit pricey but
the camera's are pretty affordable.

I'd look for a used Yashicamat or even a Mamiya C220 if you want a twin lens
camera. Very affordable, plentiful in most any camera store that sells used
equipment. Downside is getting them repaired, can be costly and parts can be
hard to get

The Kiev is a Russian copy of the Hassy, ok but nowhere near the quality.

Medium format cameras in general are dropping in price as most studio
shooters have forsaken them for digital. The last holdouts are probably
traditional portrait and wedding photographers but even most of them have
realised the benefits of switching over to digital imaging.

You should be able to find something usable on ebay with little problem or
cost.

John Emmons

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
.. .
Tom Gardner wrote:

My cousin wants his 120 Rolliflex back that he loaned me a few years

ago. I
have 35mm stuff coming out the wazoo but I like having that huge

negative to
walk around on. I also just bought 20 rolls of film. I'm looking for a
sharp lens that will focus on 120 film, the less fancy the better. I'm
hoping somebody has some 120 format stuff that they would sell.

Cosmetics
mean nothing just the lens and the shutter. I use external metering.
Wouldn't you like to see an old friend get some loving use?

I picked up one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Zeiss-Ikon-Super...120-Rangefind_
W0QQitemZ7566109900QQcategoryZ30028QQssPageNameZWD VWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

At a flea market a few years ago. The lens is uncoated
and not as sharp as the Rolliflex, but you still get
the creamy clear texture of medium format in your prints.

Used Hasselblad stuff has not taken a significant hit in
prices yet. Wait another 2-3 years.

The other thing to look at is a Russian Kiev. I hear
the optics are pretty good and the price is right.