Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

Default Cheap Chinese Mill-drill

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:27:37 GMT, John Husvar
wrote:

In article ,
Steve Hopper wrote:

Would it happen to be:
http://www.cumminstools.com/browse.cfm/4,1485.htm

This appears to be the only mill/drill they sell.
The information indicates it is an R8 spindle. There's
a lot of R8 tools and collets available via eBay.
Before doing the welding gig I think I would at least
try an R8 collet. For what it's worth! sdh.

John Husvar wrote:
Well, the boss finally broke down and bought a mill -- sorta.

It's from Cummins Tools, those guys who periodically descend on some
unsuspecting town and hold a "Truckload Tool Sale."

That's the one! Wonder why I didn't find it. I missed it somehow. Poor
choice of search terms maybe.

Thanks.

R8 is common as dirt.

Dont use the chuck.