Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Donnie Barnes

Default Cheap Chinese Mill-drill

On Tue, 29 Nov, John Husvar wrote:
Steve Hopper wrote:
Would it happen to be:
http://www.cumminstools.com/browse.cfm/4,1485.htm

That's the one! Wonder why I didn't find it. I missed it somehow. Poor
choice of search terms maybe.

Dude, check out:

http://www.mini-lathe.com

Lots of info there. That's the Sieg Mini-mill, same one as available from
Harbor Freight, Grizzly, etc. I have one. Not a bad piece of gear,
especially for the money.

I got collets in all sizes from:

http://littlemachineshop.com/

I haven't tried them yet, but I can only assume they work fine. You'll
note there are a lot of cool "upgrades" and options for those mills
available there, too. They even have a "spare parts" kit of the cheap and
commonly broken parts that you might encounter. You probably want:

http://littlemachineshop.com/product...ProductID=1604

Note they even show the Cummins 7877 as compatible. Very nice site.
Probably not the cheapest place around, but they seem to have stock when
they say they do, they ship fast, and they ship right (in my limited
experience with them).

--Donnie